Buccal Fat Pad Removal
Buccal fat pad is inside the deep tissue, not subcutaneous fat layer, it is not easy to increases or decreases with body weight, and most of it has existed since puberty. Its role is to act as a buffer between cheeks and gums. Obesity, aging, excessive chewing and facial skeletal contouring/sculpture and other reasons may cause fat loose and protruding resulting in the appearance of chubby, baby fat and older looks. Buccal Fat Pad Removal surgery can reduce buccal fat and prevent the cheeks from sagging in the future.
Cut from the oral mucosa about 1 cm small wounds from the oral mucosa; remove the 8 to 9 cm³ buccal fat pad. The scar of surgery cannot be seen from the appearance. Professional and experienced physicians can visually remove fat directly; will not hurt the blood vessels, nerves and other tissues. Post-surgery stitches are absorbable and scars are invisible. Patient can rest at home and will not affect the normal daily routine.
Buccal fat pad removal surgery has better outcome and more in accordance to customer’s needs than shallow fat liposuction or laser lipolysis (smartlipo). Buccal fat pad removal process is more comfortable; unlike the laser lipolysis (smartlipo) prone to lumps and be scalded.
The advantages of buccal fat pad removal
- Surgical wounds are in the mouth, no trace can be seen from the appearance.
- The direct removal of fat pad is a very safe process
- The duration of surgery is very short, about 1~2 hours and swelling subside rapidly.
- Prevention of future skin aging and sagging.
- The outcome is even better when combined with other treatment
The target object for buccal fat pad removal
- Patients with excess fat on the cheeks.
- People who are troubled by baby fat or chubby cheeks.
- People who wish to have V-shape facial contour.
- Patients who are taking Aspirin, Anticoagulants, Ginseng, fish oil, Ginkgo, Si-Wu Tang (Four Agent decoction), Vitamin E or diet pills should stop a week before the surgery.
- Please do not wear any make-up and contact lenses on the day of surgery.
- Please dress casual on the day of surgery. Please remove necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings and other accessories before surgery.
- To ensure your safety, do not drive on your own on the day of surgery, ask your friends and family to drive you instead or use public transportation.
- Fasting and no water 6~8 hours before surgery.
- No smoking and alcohol for a week.
- avoid irritating foods such as spicy foods