Lip augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that can give you fuller, plumper lips. There are many types of dermal fillers that can be injected in your lips and around your mouth. The most common fillers today are products that contain substances similar to hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the body. It helps increase volume in your lips.
Nice Clinic provides subtle, natural-looking dermal lip fillers for lip enhancement that augment each individual’s features and introduce volume to the lip area.
Juvederm Volbella® Dermal Filler
At Nice, we use the most advanced range of dermal fillers from Allergan which is Juvederm Volbella®, specifically designed for lip augmentation. Unlike traditional fillers, Volbella is silky and soft, meaning results are much more discrete and realistic. Volbella also contains lidocaine, meaning the treated area is numbed simultaneously during treatment, improving the patient experience.
Injectable lip augmentation techniques can be performed quickly in your doctor’s office with little to no downtime. Fat injection is the exception, since the procedure requires a small area of liposuction to remove the fat from another part of your body before the injection can take place.
- Before the injections, a topical or local numbing agent may be applied to ease discomfort. Sometimes, nerve block injections can be given before the treatment to completely numb the lips. This is similar to the anesthetic injections that you get at the dentist to numb your mouth.
- After carefully marking the areas to be injected, very fine needles are used to inject the substance into your lips.
- Following injection, ice may be given to ease discomfort and control swelling. But no firm pressure should be put on the treatment area.
- Lipstick or other lip products are best avoided immediately after the procedure.
The Benefits of Lip Augmentation
Once injected, the gel in the filler supports and shapes the tissues of the lips. The benefits of using hyaluronic acid fillers include:
- Control over lip volume: The amount of substance injected can be controlled, so the doctor has better control over how much lip volume is created.
- Gradual pace of treatment: The injections can be given gradually during different appointments until the desired results are achieved.
- Bumps dissolve easily: Any lumps and bumps created by movement of the lips can be dissolved easily.
- Less bruising. There may be less bruising and swelling compared to other dermal fillers.
- Reasonably lasting results. The results are reasonably long-lasting, but not permanent.
- Allergic reaction unlikely. Because hyaluronic acid fillers are made from substances similar to those found in the body, they are unlikely to cause an allergic reaction. But if you are allergic to lidocaine, tell your doctor before being treated.
Lip injections results can last 6- 12 months. You will see an immediate result after visiting Nice clinic for lip enhancement however, it will not be your final result. Optimum results will be see after a few weeks as the product retains water to rejuvenate and add volume. Our mission here at Nice Clinic is natural, subtle results, rather than exaggerated or fake looks, and as such we always prefer to undertreat any concern, but if you feel that you would benefit from more product, you should make this known to your doctor within your follow up consultation.